1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ClippersLC, Jan 22, 2012.

GARDENGATE LawnSite Member

well are you ?
  2. ClippersLC

ClippersLC LawnSite Member

Under normal circumstances I don't pull anything other than what's in the pics. But I wanted something powerful enough that didn't know it was pulling anything... Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Whoa. lol

Nice truck. But if I had 71,000 to spend towards a truck, you'd better believe I'd be buying a $30,000 pickup that would functionally serve as a daily driver and work truck.... AND a 450/550 dump body for dedicated work and hauling. I think $41,000 would cover that end.
  4. TinMan1

TinMan1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SC

Looks like you did it right
  5. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

That's a sweet looking truck for sureThumbs Up
  6. ClippersLC

Yeah, funny story, I learned about a month after I had it that the rear seats are heated as well. One of the guys got in and saw the buttons and pushed it to see what it did and that's how we figured it out. Now that its winter time when one of the guys asks for a raise I reply with "would you rather have more money, or arrive on site in style with a hot and toasty a$$?" No raises have been issued yet... Lol.its nice not having 4 big guys crammed in the regular cab of my last truck... Especially after a hot sweaty day...
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Looks like the economy is really hitting you hard!
  8. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Are you gonna swap out the 68rfe for an Aisin tranny to complete the 4500 conversion....?...lol. JK, you probably won't have any problems out of the 68rfe no more weight than your pulling.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. ClippersLC

Nah. Cause with the warranty I got when I blow the first tranny up, I'll know what to not do next time! Lol. This truck will rarely see more than 4 tons on average. Unless I have my goose behind it with pallets of sod, rocks, or a mini-x. I just got tired of always hearing "if your truck was a 3/4 you could probably pull it" so I bought one of the biggest and most loaded up Ton trucks the Dodge makes! Now I can say "are you sure you have enough to make a full load?" Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member