New Truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ClippersLC, Jan 22, 2012.

1. ClippersLC

ClippersLC LawnSite Member

I actually had a guy see me pull in at my chiropractors office, and when I walked in he goes "you have to be a landscape or lawn guy, all you guys are driving around in new 45K dollar trucks" and I go "try $72K. And yes I do lawns, but mainly tree's and some excavation work" and he goes "how do you guys afford those nice trucks pulling trailers with 20 grand worth of equipment" and I couldn't help myself I blurted out "thetruck and equipment is a cover for my Gigolo biz" the guy about fell to the floor laughing. :waving: I pull a 35' foot gooseneck occasionally when I'm not pulling the 14 footer... That justifies it doesn't it? Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. ClippersLC

Yeah your supposed to when the truck trailer and load all weigh over 26K lbs. I'm actually studying for my CDL's now... Should have em' in a few weeks. Watching my weight for now. My load weight not my personal weight lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Sick truck man

4. ClippersLC

Thanks Goldpro. This truck is gonna endure the ultimate test. Loooong after its paid off I'm gonna drive it till duct tape and bailing wire can no longer keep it together. Cummins I learned has a "million mile club" I'm gonna become a member hopefully :waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

hehe. i didnt wanna say it :laugh:

6. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

$72,000 for that truck. Hate to be the one that says it but that was a stupid decision. And before you come with the blah blah I'm make massive payments bs, you see any of the proven big dogs on LS pay that amount for a light duty pickup?

But, nice truck though!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I bought a Chevy 5500 with 40k miles, an 06 isuzu crew cab with 80k miles, another 06 isuzu with 100k miles, an isuzu FRR with 60k miles all together for about 10k less than the that one cowboy cadillac.

8. ClippersLC

Its already paid off. You think it was stupid. I think it was great investment. The other big dogs make their decisions, and I make my own Nothing else matters.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ClippersLC

I have no use for that many trucks. I only buy new stuff. As long as your happy with your purchases then that's all that matters, I'm happy with mine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I can just see your whole crew hopping into your truck to get lunch right after greasing all the excavation equipment in the field :D Id love a truck like that, just could never bring myself to using it for work.