New Truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ClippersLC, Jan 22, 2012.

1. ClippersLC

ClippersLC LawnSite Member

Lol. I have neoprene seat covers on all the seats. Guys hardly ever ride in it with me. I just pull the trailers to the sites. The guys usually preffer driving their own rigs when working cause they don't have to worry about showering before they get in their trucks. Lol. I own the company and just wanted the nicest thing dodge made with a Cummins that would get the job done, with some style... :waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

I wonder how much money you lost driving it off the dealer lot? 20k? Yeah i only buy nice used trucks, but then again i pay cash.

3. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

seat covers? psh that like buying a fur coat and putting plastic on the inside. Id wanna feel those lush seats

4. ClippersLC

They see their fair share of use without the covers, when I go out at night or have a customer with me. Just stay covered when working. :waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

i kinda agree. is alot of cash. and you did lose 10-20k when you drove off the lot. seems like having a better hosue woudl be a better spent coin. says the guy with holes in his walls

6. dwc

dwc LawnSite Senior Member

If you are losing 20k as you drive off the lot, you've been had. I bought my truck new 2.5 years ago and have put over 50k on it and if I traded today it's worth about 12k less than I bought it for.

7. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

if you look for the same truck with a few less miles but still second hand itl still be around 10k less. put any decent number of miles and itl be worth less.

8. dwc

dwc LawnSite Senior Member

10k less than sticker msrp, yes. 10k less than actual purchase price after rebates and discounts, definitely not.

9. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

Just crawl out of a hole LOL! The housing market has taken a huge beating over the last few years!

10. ClippersLC

I already own my own house, and its paid for. So I have money for other toys :)
    Posted via Mobile Device