New truck!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Country Landscape, Mar 5, 2012.

1. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

was this on craigslist? I think I saw it there?

2. United Contracting Lawn

United Contracting Lawn LawnSite Member

Great looking truck!!!

3. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I would check into getting a FASS or Airdog system ASAP. This will remove the entrained air that is in the fuel being fed to those expensive injectors. It will also provide better fuel filtration then the OEM filter and has a fuel/water separator built in as well. No air particle going through the injectors mean better lubrication so they will last a lot longer. Installed your looking at about $800. You had better run a fuel additive as well.

The number #1 rated fuel additive to improve the lubricity of the ultra low sulfur fuel now on the market is Opti-Lube XPD and that is good for any Diesel but especially the 04' and prior D-Max's. If you go to http://www.opti-lube.com/XPD.htm they sell it directly through their website. I only paid about $200 for a five gallon bucket with a pump and several refillable bottles.

It was the 04.5 and newer trucks that had few injector issues. Here's a post from a GM Diesel tech.

"Being a GM diesel technician for 4 years now, I have not seen a noticable amout of failures with 04.5" and newer duramax diesels (lly,lbz,lmm), an occasional injector and cp3 going out is normal. However 01-04' duramax diesels (lb7) are a common thing for replacing injectors for ball seat erosion and the seats cracking causing high return rates and of course gallons of diesel in your crankcase (one or two a week) but are covered under warranty for 200,000, or 7 years, and are replaced with upgraded injectors. I have seen duramax diesels coming in the shop with well over 250,000 miles with minimal repairs. I have talked to many gm district managers and engineers about this related concern, from what I get out of it is that injectors should not be a concern anymore, and if there is, there could be an issue with fuel, electrical, or mechanical causing these failures. If anybody has any questions feel free to ask, I enjoy the diesel seen very much, and I deal with it on a day to day basis".

Read more: http://forums.dieselpowermag.com/70/6480763/duramax/duramax-injector-issues/index.html#ixzz1oiuMzG5H

4. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont mean to hijack but how bout this?!?!?!?!
    You'd be the baddest MO FO EVER!
    [​IMG]

5. bigred13

bigred13 LawnSite Member

Not sure if it would work but I have a Hypertech programmer from my 03 Duramax pick up that I traded in. If it work I would give you a hell of a deal on it!

6. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

My buddy has the same truck (2008 gmc 4500 Duramax) See if it would fit and send me a price. PErsonal message and i'll ask him what he thinks Because he did speak of getting one a while ago...

7. bigred13

bigred13 LawnSite Member

Sorry my programmer only fits 01-03 duramaxs.

8. Country Landscape

Country Landscape LawnSite Member
    from CT

Porter 05 the truck was never on craigslist, a family friend owns a Chevy dealer and knew I was looing for a dump and everytime he took something in trade he would send me a text with a picture and this one I could not pass up. Plantscapesolutions, I will look into the fass fuel system. I had an 03 Duramax pick up and never had problems with the injectors and I currently have an 07 Classic and so far so good. I have always used howes fuel additive. Cuttin-to-the-max that is a nice set up!! There is a truck similar to that at a local Chevy dealer a town over, except it has an aluminum flatbed on it.

9. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Sweeeeeet!:cool2:

10. CCA Green Services

CCA Green Services LawnSite Member

Wowww.... I wish I could find one like that....