Lawn Care Forum banner

New truck

11K views 51 replies 20 participants last post by  PlantscapeSolutions 
#1 ·
2013 Ram 2500 crew cab Laramie white 4x4.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover Head restraint

See less See more
#29 ·
Cover King probably makes the best seat covers if you want to protect the seats. It's what I use. How many miles did you put on the other Hemi 2500 you had before you axed it? It can be really hard here in Texas to sell a gas 2500 Ram without taking a big resale hit. The Ram HD crowd goes the oil burner route more then the Ford or GM guys. A Hemi emblem on a 2500 is like a scarlet letter here in Texas.

Welcome to the big leagues with your 6.7. It should man handle your 20' trailer with ease. I've pulled as much as 34,000 with my 09' 3500. If you put some PacBrake Airbags on the axle it will improve the ride and handling with your bumper pull trailer. My 06' 2500 pulls a 16' enclosed and also has airbags.

#34 ·
Did your prior Hemi traumatize you? Your last new truck post went silent when a few of us asked some simple questions who doubted the Hemi and a 20' trailer would be a cost effective combination. I think we've all had buyers remorse over something. It's not a big deal.

There are lots of guys on here who are probably contemplating the gasser versus Diesel thing. If your forth coming with just how your experience was you can probably save some others guys from making a similar costly mistake. With depreciation that must have been pretty painful to swap trucks after only about a year. Live and learn it's all you can do.

#35 ·
A few more pics after the window tint, spray in bed liner and the steps changed.

Just under 2k miles now and not a single problem.

I will try to take some in the daylight when I have time.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

#40 ·
Not normally a Dodge fan but that is one sweet truck. Interior is a nice color combo too. Do they have allison trannys in them?
68RFE or G56 manual in non C&C. Aisin in the C&C models.

#41 ·
Not normally a Dodge fan but that is one sweet truck. Interior is a nice color combo too. Do they have allison trannys in them?
Thanks!

No Allison in them, the 3500's do have the Asian transmission. This is new for 2013's.

Mine is a 2500 so it has the 68RFE.

It's ok if your not a Dodge fan, they call them Ram's now. lol

It doesn't say Dodge anywhere on the truck.

#42 ·
68RFE or G56 manual in non C&C. Aisin in the C&C models.
If you get the HO dually 3500 with 850 foot pound of torque you can get the Aisin (Japanese company) otherwise it will still be the 68RFE (Chrysler).

#44 ·
With a 20' trailer (or any trailer) you should try one of these pins http://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Accessories/Lets-Go-Aero/63232.html. They stop the insert from moving in the receiver which gives you that annoying clunk sound from time to time. They also stop the pin hole in the receiver from starting to get out of round over time from towing a lot. I started using these pins about three years ago and they work great.

#45 ·
Sharp lookin truck. I love cummins and would love to have a newer one some day when I can justify spending 50+k on one. I hope they fixed the head gasket issue for the modded trucks. IMO, any gasser is worthless next to a diesel when it comes to towing, mileage, and longevity.

#46 ·
Sharp lookin truck. I love cummins and would love to have a newer one some day when I can justify spending 50+k on one. I hope they fixed the head gasket issue for the modded trucks. IMO, any gasser is worthless next to a diesel when it comes to towing, mileage, and longevity.
Thanks!

I'm lovin everything about this truck. 2500 miles so far, a lot of that towing the 20' enclosed. It doesn't even know it's back there.

#47 ·
With most of the new trucks if you mod them studs are a good idea. It much cheaper to spend $1200 on studs then to blow a head gasket and then spend $800 on the HG replacement and then another $1200 on the studs. Install the ARP 625's and you can sleep easy.

The new trucks have more coolant passages in the heads because of all EGR and other stuff that gives off heat. This makes the heads less rigid and more easy to lift a head enough to blow out the HG if your mod'd.

#50 ·
I hate having my crew in my daily driver STX Ram every now and then even with $500 seat covers for protection. If I had a Laramie I'd feel like the workers needed to ride in the bed! Headliners and carpet all tend to absorb the smell of funky workers after a long day of hard work. Things get scratched, the door panels on the inside get handled and dirty from no protection, and so on. I'd feel like I was trying to run a lawn service out of a limo. I'd be constantly watching everyone's hands to make sure they don't touch the sun visors, head liner, and other exposed areas that get stained with dirt easily. I'd be a nervous wreck. I'd be making the guys wash their hands at every stop and be lining them up to blow then down prior to getting into the truck.

I have a second Ram 2500 ST with vinyl floors and seats so I can keep my own ride clean. Your workers get to ride in style. Does the truck have a DVD player so they can relax and watch movies between stops?

#51 ·
Well, I got the first ding on the new truck.

Went to store this evening and I didn't get out right away. A guy backed into me and put a small dent below the back tail light.

I guess he thought I was in the store because he started to drive away.

I made him stop call the PD and had a report done.

Oh well, I guess worth things could happen. Yeah right, I was ticked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.