New truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PLS-Tx, Aug 25, 2013.

1. kgs1

kgs1 LawnSite Member

PLS-Tx... was just jokin with ya... it's a nice truck, I had 3 "Ram's" myself & a GMC & am thinking my next truck might be a Ram again...keep it clean! LOL!

2. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Thanks guys! I'm really lovin this truck!

Keyless enter & go is the main reason I went with a Laramie.

I will try to post some more pics when I have time with the windows tinted and the correct steps.

3. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm guessing they have some new keyless entry system? push button start?

keep us posted on the mileage, interested to see how the new DEF system works on these and if it gets better mileage than the previous 6.7's. i've got an 08 and it was thirsty before i did the deletes

4. PLS-Tx

from Texas

Yes, push button start, it also has remote start.

Keyless enter, there is a sensor on door handle. If key fob is within 5' of door it will unlock when u touch the handle.

There is also a button on the door handle you can push to lock the truck.

Front driver and front passenger doors both have it.

Pulls the enclosed trailer great, so much better than the Hemi.

5. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

They didn't have the DEF system in 08.

6. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

Not sure I could "work" is something that nice.

7. PLS-Tx

from Texas

Almost 800 miles on the clock so far and loving every minute of it. Will try to post some more pics of it soon.

8. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

That truck is beautiful. I test drove a laramie just the other day and it just makes me want one so badly! It's not like even being in a truck.

9. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Cover King probably makes the best seat covers if you want to protect the seats. It's what I use. How many miles did you put on the other Hemi 2500 you had before you axed it? It can be really hard here in Texas to sell a gas 2500 Ram without taking a big resale hit. The Ram HD crowd goes the oil burner route more then the Ford or GM guys. A Hemi emblem on a 2500 is like a scarlet letter here in Texas.

Welcome to the big leagues with your 6.7. It should man handle your 20' trailer with ease. I've pulled as much as 34,000 with my 09' 3500. If you put some PacBrake Airbags on the axle it will improve the ride and handling with your bumper pull trailer. My 06' 2500 pulls a 16' enclosed and also has airbags.

10. StrokerTurbo7.3

StrokerTurbo7.3 LawnSite Member

No I wasn't.
    Posted via Mobile Device