New truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PLS-Tx, Aug 25, 2013.

1. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Thanks!

No Allison in them, the 3500's do have the Asian transmission. This is new for 2013's.

Mine is a 2500 so it has the 68RFE.

It's ok if your not a Dodge fan, they call them Ram's now. lol

It doesn't say Dodge anywhere on the truck.

2. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

If you get the HO dually 3500 with 850 foot pound of torque you can get the Aisin (Japanese company) otherwise it will still be the 68RFE (Chrysler).

3. PLS-Tx

from Texas

Put this B&W ball mount on the new truck a few days ago. Works great!

[​IMG]

4. PlantscapeSolutions

With a 20' trailer (or any trailer) you should try one of these pins http://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Accessories/Lets-Go-Aero/63232.html. They stop the insert from moving in the receiver which gives you that annoying clunk sound from time to time. They also stop the pin hole in the receiver from starting to get out of round over time from towing a lot. I started using these pins about three years ago and they work great.

5. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

Sharp lookin truck. I love cummins and would love to have a newer one some day when I can justify spending 50+k on one. I hope they fixed the head gasket issue for the modded trucks. IMO, any gasser is worthless next to a diesel when it comes to towing, mileage, and longevity.

6. PLS-Tx

from Texas

Thanks!

I'm lovin everything about this truck. 2500 miles so far, a lot of that towing the 20' enclosed. It doesn't even know it's back there.

7. PlantscapeSolutions

With most of the new trucks if you mod them studs are a good idea. It much cheaper to spend $1200 on studs then to blow a head gasket and then spend $800 on the HG replacement and then another $1200 on the studs. Install the ARP 625's and you can sleep easy.

The new trucks have more coolant passages in the heads because of all EGR and other stuff that gives off heat. This makes the heads less rigid and more easy to lift a head enough to blow out the HG if your mod'd.

8. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

How is keeping the interior clean coming along?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. PLS-Tx

from Texas

Coming along just fine. It's the same color as my last truck and it still looked great when I traded it in.

I do cover the seats when working

10. PlantscapeSolutions

I hate having my crew in my daily driver STX Ram every now and then even with $500 seat covers for protection. If I had a Laramie I'd feel like the workers needed to ride in the bed! Headliners and carpet all tend to absorb the smell of funky workers after a long day of hard work. Things get scratched, the door panels on the inside get handled and dirty from no protection, and so on. I'd feel like I was trying to run a lawn service out of a limo. I'd be constantly watching everyone's hands to make sure they don't touch the sun visors, head liner, and other exposed areas that get stained with dirt easily. I'd be a nervous wreck. I'd be making the guys wash their hands at every stop and be lining them up to blow then down prior to getting into the truck.

I have a second Ram 2500 ST with vinyl floors and seats so I can keep my own ride clean. Your workers get to ride in style. Does the truck have a DVD player so they can relax and watch movies between stops?