1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New truck!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by southernturfpros, Aug 31, 2014.

1. southernturfpros

southernturfpros LawnSite Member

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. KODAKMOWING99

KODAKMOWING99 LawnSite Member

nice truck, looks good

3. mlavin73

mlavin73 LawnSite Member

I thought we had the same truck until I saw that Cummins badge on the side. I have the same truck only with the 5.7 Hemi. I also got mine with the Ram Boxes (tool boxes built into the truck bed). So far I love my truck and have had great luck with it. Best of luck with it.

4. southernturfpros

Love mine as well. Don't have the tool boxes though, would have been nice. First diesel I have ever owned, love it. Don't even know a trailer is behind me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. mlavin73

mlavin73 LawnSite Member

I'm sure. I'm suprised with the power of my gasser compared with my F250 with the 5.4. Seems to be a big difference. My F250 is junk (needs a 3rd exhaust manifold at 60K miles and is rusting like crazy). The other thing that sold me on the Dodge was the 100K powertrain warranty. I actually paid extra and upgraded to lifetime powertrain. I would have loved the diesel for pulling my camper (which is 35 feet). The gas has plenty of power but the diesel probably would have given me better MPG's for the longer trips. I skipped the diesel for me because 80% of my work is within 4 miles of my house. I have lots of starting, then driving a half mile and stopping.

I'm trying to figure out how I want to letter this one once I start using it for the business. It's such a big blank canvas.

6. southernturfpros

Yea I went with diesel for the mpg's I drive about 500 miles a week. Fixing to get a 8.5x20 enclosed trailer and a gasser would kill me. A larger gas engine has plenty of power but would drink gas here where I live. Lots of hills here.
    Posted via Mobile Device