new truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Jim Feder, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Jim Feder

Jim Feder LawnSite Member

Just got new truck a ford f350 7.3 it is only a 1991 but looks good want to put dump on it any one know of a good dump box. It has flat bed. :D

2. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

What kind of tranny does it have? If auto, I would forego the dump bed, and go straight to the 12 guage shotgun shells.

3. Rugby.. If just a hoist is needed northentool.com has them.

Better yet, I think Omaha Standard is made right by you.

4. CD landscaping

CD landscaping LawnSite Member

If u dont mind me asking what did u pay and does it have a turbo cuz i think that year didnt thanks.

5. Jim Feder

auto tranny does not have turbo 3000.00 and 4 mowings 5000sqft lawn. has 126,000 miles and run good.

6. CD landscaping

i have ben told also that if it dosent have the turbo u dont got no power is that true or do u think that it has a enough power thanks

7. Jim Feder

this truck can poll down a home if i want why is a auto tranny bad?:D

8. CD landscaping

i didnt say the auto tranny was bad i think that the auto for pulling is better u dont wear out cluthes and stuff

9. rosolar

rosolar LawnSite Member
    from Mass

Any thoughts on the diesel w/out the turbo? (One less part to have to repair) The 91 comes with the international engine, right?

10. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

As far as I know, the 7.3 was always a Navistar motor. Go to Ford Truck enthusiasts and ask there, they'll know better than me on this.

as far as not having a turbo, on that motor, I think its a minor issue, as that truck could pull a brick outhouse off its foundation without complaint I think. not that one would have a reason to do that, but just that it CAN be done.