New truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Avery, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea I know...been awhile since I was here but I just got this new truck and had to show it off to people that would appreciate it! We were needing a vehicle to add another crew. Time all was said and done we got this rig for the same or less than a 3/4 ton truck and a trailer. Plus this is much easier to maneuver around in tight spots.

2. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

Looks nice. That rear axle looks pretty far forward. How bad does it swing? Looks like a lot of space in the cab. How big is the bed?
  3. Avery

16' bed. I can carry six plus a driver. Yea the rear swings a bit. Just gotta be careful. Still beats trying to get a crew cab truck plus a trailer around in the traffic down here.
  4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

is that a supreme bed? how much are you talking? looks sharp...i may have to show you the company just up the road that has 5 of those.... soon its gona be mine :)
  5. Avery

Man you expect me to remember the name of the bed!? :laugh: Seriously I do not know what brand it is off hand. It is not a supreme though. Sure of that. I paid around 36K for it. The bed has lots of nice features. My two of my favorites are the locking storage up top for chemical/sprayers and one side folds down so you can load pallets from the side.
  6. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

thats a grwat looking rig..

Good luck, hope it does you well.

7. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

Nice rig you have there, Avery. I really like the NPR's. My boss just bought one for us at the publishing company I work for. It is the 132.5" Wheelbase model with a 14 foot Supreme box. I can't wait to get to work tomorrow so I can drive it. :D I'll post some pics as soon as I can. Good luck with the new truck.
  8. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

Manueveralbility is one thing that i don't like about the truck and trailor combo. I always wondered what i would do with yardwaste if i got a cabover. And what about leaf removals. Truck beds are nice for that. And then there is snow plowing. Yeah cabovers can do that and they have great front visability, but they are bulkier than a pickup. I really like the turning radius, image, and reliability that i hear about cabovers though. How do you think that you will get around these obstacles, more specifically yard waste?
  9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Avery,

Your truck and graphics look great!
  10. Avery

Yard waste is really not an issue with me. I do not take a contract where I have to remove clippings. If the customer wants a vacuum mower used they have to provide a dump site. Only waste I deal with is a once a year cutting of Pampas grass and clippings from quarterly pruning of our commercial properties and sub divisions. We use a dual axle dump trailer to remove debris then. I live on the coast so I do not have to worry about plowing. If I did I would just throw one of my small tractors in the back of it to plow with.