New TT's

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by dathorpe, Apr 7, 2013.

1. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

I think they gave him a option. I have a new seat I put on the older mower. I like the new seat by time will tell how it holds up compared to the michigan.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. djagusch

from MN

I also noticed the rear frame is different (thought this stopped but its a kohler thing I'm guessing). What's the rear length difference between the two? The kohler will be shorter. You can measure the roll bar frame point to the back.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Looks perfect except for those damn useless rops!!!!

4. dathorpe

dathorpe LawnSite Senior Member

I can definitely tell a huge power difference. I wouldn't have figured it but even when you're sitting still, deck up, and you engage the blades... there is a noticeable difference in the Briggs. It sounds and feels like a much higher velocity.

As for ground speed, there is no speed difference between them - they both run at 12mph. I don't know if that's something they changed for the 2013 models or not. The Scag website shows the 29 Kohler as 10.5mph but at the dealership they have brochures / literature advertising the Kohler 29hp at 12mph. I clocked both the 35 and the 29 with gps and they both run between 11.5 and 12.

Honestly, Scag needs to keep their website more current. I mean, there are engine options listed there that are no longer even available. Plus, there are several other inconsistency's.

5. dathorpe

Congrats on the TT, Runner!

Yep, I plan on keeping a close eye on those machines and taking note of the differences. I'm falling in love with the shear raw power of the 35 but we'll see about fuel consumption. Kinda like a woman - if she's robbing your wallet, you tend to fall out of love pretty quick.

6. dathorpe

Yep, like dj said, I chose the Michigan seat over the new scag seat. That new seat is really comfy though and I love the weight control knob much better than the Michigan. But the Michigan has lumbar support which I definitely want and I just felt it was a little more industrial and would stand up to wear and tear a little better. Really, I would've been happy either way.

7. dathorpe

Yep, the Briggs is definitely longer. If I think of it when I'm out there, I'll measure the difference. My trailers have "D" rings every 7' and I have to load a 29hp first, the 35hp second, so they'll line up with the "D" rings for tie down. If I load the 35hp first, it sticks out too far to be able to tie down the 29hp behind it.

8. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Very, very nice!

9. djagusch

from MN

They need to keep some of the older stuff on to help dealers sell new old stock and distributors inventory.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

Awesome mowers! when are you going to get some dirt and grass on those bad boys?