New Tundra

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by SNAPPER MAN, Jul 4, 2008.

1. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Just got her today. This thing is awsome. My 1999 Ford F-150 has been giving me alot of problems lately so I decided to get a new toyota. This thing has so many standard features that are all additional options on the big three's trucks. I love it. Tomorrow it is getting a toolbox and hitch.

Toyota Tundra.jpg

2. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I Love those New Tundras I test drove and they are better than advertised. Side by side to the 1/2 ton trucks out there the tundra is hands down the best.

3. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Beautiful truck! Congratulations! And what's best, that thing will go forever...

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

sweet! what engine did you get? wait till you tow with it-amazing truck. my 03 has been totaly trouble free and tows great even with the v6

5. DavidS1964

DavidS1964 LawnSite Member

I bought one in Februaury. This truck is great. Don't forget your first oil change is free at the first 2,000 mile mark.

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

nice truck!! (and thts comin from a Chevy guy)

7. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Haha Krazy. I love this truck. I got the 5.7L V8 so its got power. This truck is sooooo much nicer than the crappy ford I had.

8. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Nice "looking" truck; however you would have been better off with a new F-150 than the Tundra; Consumer Report failed the Tundra for poor reliability, with so much information on the internet it's hard not to find this. Good luck, but I would take it back if your going to work it daily for years to come.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/toyota_tundra.html

9. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

NOOOOOO snapper!!!! I thought you were getting an 3/4 to 1 ton pickup.

10. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice, I haven't seen many Red ones around.

I am towing a 16x7 enclosed trailer with the equipment listed below in it. I am getting between 10.5 to 11.5 mpg towing it around town. Pulls the trailer like it is not even there, truck has so much power it isn't even funny. You will like it. I have about 6000 miles on mine and no problems at all.