1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

new turf tiger and field mowing

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PTSolutions, Aug 25, 2010.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

good job! i just bought the same mower. Get ready to start burning some serious gas though! and a little tip for you, when you run it out of gas you need to pull the filter and put a splash of gas on it to restart it. That fuel pump cant reprime itself just off of cranking the engine. There is actually a recall out on these so dealers can put some kind of one way valve on the fuel pump.

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

thanks for the compliments guys, no love for old red?? lol

hey picasso, i remember you said you wanted to get some hi lift mulchers, did you end up buying any? just curious as to which ones you were looking at and where from. the amount of grass that comes out of that discharges amazes me, we were so much more productive today.

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

yeah i git them from j-thomas. they worked waaaaay better then the stock blades. i burn about 15-20 dollars of gas more perday with that mower over my 29dfi. You have to make that money back in productivity.

4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

well how bout going from cutting something 3-5 times with the ferris b/c of clumping to 1-2 times with the velocity+?? lol i hate rolling up to the accounts that we fertilize and mow...

5. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

Explain how they work better could you? I'm just curious since I am running stock blades on my Wildcat and wouldn't mind switching them out if they will work better.