new ultravac qds for exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawndude2004, Nov 7, 2004.

1. lawndude2004

lawndude2004 LawnSite Member

whats up guys, I just bought an exmark ultra vac for one of our lazers what is the best way to implement this into the market? I have been in the biz. for many years now and never used a leaf vacuum? we have always went with a little wonder and many blowers. Any help on estimating and add on services would be very helpful
    Brandon Whitehead Allcut Lawnscapes
  2. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

charge the same as if you rake and blow the leaves.just because you have a new tool that gets it done faster don't mean you have to do it cheaper
  3. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I am with Sawman 65...Charge what you would normally provided it covers all your costs and depreciation of equipment.

Charge by the job and not by the hour as you will be getting the job done faster!

I used the Ultra Vac and regular blades last season and was very happy.

I left my mulching blades on this season and I am even happier.

I get more in the bag, due to smaller pieces! :cool2:

4. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

we use a 36" walkbehind with the mulch kit on to pulverize the leaves b4 we run the Ultravac over them. Reduces the volume by at least a third. You can also fill the ultravac bags/tube until its blocked and then keep going over the leaves to pulverize them. Empty the bags, clear the tube, and start filling the bags again. The bags do fill quickly but if you pulverize the leaves first, you'll get more in them