New UNIMOG Truck

Discussion in '<a href= target=_blank ?>Sn' started by MOE, Feb 21, 2001.

1. MOE

MOE honorary addict

Anybody hear about the new UNIMOG from Frightliner/Chrysler ? I heard the are touting it as a plow truck it will be the largest suv ever made.4x4 diesel 20 feet long and over 9 feet high. (available with leather and 4 cup holders. (I'm drooling already)
    Oh yea, it's $84,000

2. zipp669

zipp669 LawnSite Member

Will those cup holders be heated & cooled to keep your beverage of choice at the right temp along with being spill proof for when you hit the pile that doesnt move?
    Actually no I have not but I think it would be worth a look.
  3. plowjockey

plowjockey LawnSite Senior Member

20' long? I'll bet that would play heck getting around that cul-de-sac in the residential driveways. On the other hand...Huge!! Powerful!! Expensive!!! All the ingrediants for a wife's nightmare and a man's premium playtoy.

4. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

All I know is I hope they designed this one to at least be able to accomodate a person over 4'8" tall. For some reason, the old ones were designed for midgets. Must be a lot of short germans out there.

5. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

What a beast!

I'd bet that thing would move some snow...

[Edited by SlimJim Z71 on 02-22-2001 at 07:30 AM]
  6. npalomba

npalomba LawnSite Member

Some how I don't think I see the type of people that are in the photo driving this thing
  7. Larrytow

Larrytow LawnSite Member

That would make a real beast of a tow truck too. Kinda makes a Humvee look wimpy! Be fun to show up at church in one of them.

Regards, Larry
  8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Those of you who are as old as I am (50) will probably remember that the Unimog has been sold here in the US on a sporadic basis for about the last 20 years or so. They were sold at Case construction equipment dealers and were painted "Case" yellow with "Case" decals. I just saw one here at a repair shop last month.
  9. Tim, im looking at your first picture, this is not a unimog, look for the mercedes logo in the front grill. but it look great too.