New Upcomming!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Hoppy's Lawn&Landscaping, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Hoppy's Lawn&Landscaping

Hoppy's Lawn&Landscaping LawnSite Member

I am Fairly New to the Lawn and Landscaping Business I am a Superviser for Service Master , and I also have alot of Experance in Building Houses and Laying Foundations , I hope this helps me out in the Landscaping side. But if not is there anything that I can do to better my chances at going big and what things would I need at the moment My inventory consists of , 1 Rideing Toro Lawn Mower 1 Echo Trimmer , 1 Echo Vac , 1 Echo edger , and maybe a chipper and a Toro Zero Turn from Home Depot Since I got some help from My mother and her Credit Card there..lol

Thanks,

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

dont waste your money on a ztr from home depot. they are no better than the mower you have now. wait and get a good commercial rider or walk behind. sounds like you need a trailer. get a 16'. get legal insurance, liscense...etc. look professional and clean. personally and your truck/equipment. and work hard.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

^^^^^^What he said^^^^^

4. Hoppy's Lawn&Landscaping

I forgot sorry I have a small 4ft trailer I know its just big enough to get the Toro Rideing Lawn Mower and my Push Mower on , and also have a 99 Silverado Truck , And I seen a Walk Behind on Home Depote site http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...3&productId=100626122&N=10000003+90401+527106
    thats the site is that a Good one for now for just abit over 1,000 dollars.
    And also can you put a Sulky on that ?
    Also I am looking at Home Depot stuff cause well thats where I can get some stuff at on payments I just dont have the extra cash right now to buy anything anywhere else ..All cash went on what I have now. Probaly should had bought that walk behind instead of the Toro Rideing Mower huh..lol

5. dura to the max

from georgia

get commercial equipment! home depot machines (except for the Echos) are not commercial. i will wear out a residential machine like that in a summer. a commersial machin lasts me years, w/ no downtime unlike the residential unit.

6. Hoppy's Lawn&Landscaping

Yeah but can you get commercial one's that cheap say 2-3,000 cause if not I need to stick with what I can afford and right now I dont have 6 to 8,000 to spend on a commercial Mower plus most my business comes from Residential right now, and that walk behind wouldnt work either ?

7. dura to the max

from georgia

you can easily find a good COMMERCIAL w/b starting at $600. i paid $200 for my first one, cut w/ it for 2 years w/ no problems, had great results from it, then sold it for $500. w/ the $500 i bought 2 scags (added $100 for them) ran them for several months and traded them on a rider and got $1400 trade in for them. i had a jd w/b, paid $1200 and sold it 2 years later after getting my moneys worth from it for $1400. all this to say you can find a great deal on a great commercial mower. i had NO problems w/ any of these, and got waaaaaay more than my moneys worth out of them. look for a while. you can find a great deal on some of these mowers.

8. Hoppy's Lawn&Landscaping

Is there anything Good at Home Depot Walk Behind or anything that would be worth the investment ?

9. dura to the max

from georgia

nothing at all. check ebay, craigslist, and local classifieds. not to mention a dealer. find a good dealer and establish a relationship w/ him. buy everything from him if possible. my dealer stands behind what he sells, sends me work, and is honest w/ me. i use exmark and stihl b/c that is what he sells. (unless i find a sweet deal). most commercial equipment is built to the same industry standards, scag, toro, exmark...stihl, echo, redmax...

10. Hoppy's Lawn&Landscaping