New URL. What Should I do with it?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Team-Green L&L, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

We just bought a great domain name and I wanted some opinions on what to do with it. We are thinking about running our network referral service from it, but the name is www.CincinnatiLandscapes.com and may not be the best name for a referral service URL.

What would you guys do with a URL like that? Creativity is the key.

2. Mr. Vern

Mr. Vern LawnSite Senior Member

I'd probably do landscaping!

3. Team-Green L&L

LOL! I was thinking more creatively. We already have our site. We could move our landscaping services to that site, but I think there may be some better uses than another ad site.

4. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Why did you buy it if you have no idea what you are going to use it for

5. Team-Green L&L

Webman, please post a useful post here.

6. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

lol... yeah I am confused!

7. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

It strikes me as a name for a regional magazine focusing on showpiece residential landscapes. Such a magazine would have advertising related to all topics pertaining to homeownership. Articles would include how to's, spotlight on new techniques, technologies, products related to beautifying an exterior, and articles highlighting various professionals in the landscape/gardening/lawn care/landscape architecture field.

The website address would be useful for advertisers to get the rate card, ad spec requirements, deadlines, editorial calandar. Of course, you are in a position to promote your own company with the whole thing.

8. Team-Green L&L

Great ideas. I will add this to my brainstorming list. Thanks a lot!

9. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Its 4am, and anyhow I just got up to reply to this thread...

I was thinking you could try to drive local traffic and stuff from google searchs to the website, then you would have different sections on what to look for in a landscape company. Put some tips and stuff and then have a section that says "landscapers in my area" and then make a small list of overpriced landscapers with bad websites, and then put your name ontop off all the others in like a highlighted ad.

I don't really know how to put accross what I mean...

That is all just an idea. Maybe you could put some pictures of jobs you have done in a section of the website and below the picture say your company name. You could put a couple of jobs from other landscapers that are ok, but not good on the same page.

Anyhow I'm off to bed....