New US Mower flail head

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by minimax, Jun 14, 2008.

1. minimax

minimax LawnSite Senior Member

I picked up my new 72" US Mower razor skid steer flail for my deere ct 322.
    This head kicks butt. here are some pics.
    DSCN1506.JPG

DSCN1500.JPG

DSCN1507.JPG
    minimax

DSCN1506.JPG

DSCN1500.JPG

DSCN1507.JPG

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

3. trailmaker

trailmaker LawnSite Member

I just came across that new US mower head last night. It looks awesome! I have a mini-ex with flail mower like you. (tb138 with 30 inch us mower). A skid steer with a flail mower would be a perfect complement. Mini for steep roadsides, low limbs, and really tight spots like between trees etc. and skid steer for everything else. I'm very happy with my current us mower head, 250 hours on it with no problems. Keep us posted on your experience with it. I'm really curious to see what kind of thicker stuff you can get into with it. Thanks for the pics and congratulations on your new purchase

4. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

Is that standard flow? If so how much capacity does that mower need to be run? I like the job it is doing it looks nice. How fast are you able to go though that stuff in the picture?

5. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Lights are on?????:)

Looks like your getting everything color coded!!!!!!!:dancing:

What is the weight of the attachment? Thanks for sharing the pics and report back after you get a few more hour in with both the CTL and the mower.

Looks to be wet out where you mower ,so would a skidsteer machine have been able to work in the same wet area?
    Good luck:usflag:

6. minimax

BIGBEN2004,No it is a high flow head,they want 30 gpm at 3000 psi,I can move about 2.5 to 3 mph in that wet trick grass.Construct'O,I did't turn the lights off last night when i loaded,the head weight about 1800 lbs with the push guard,that ground was really wet the water was coming over my shoes so no go for a skid in that ground,

minimax

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That mower works good.

You should have a ad that says " Lawn mowing we can tame any jungle " :laugh:

9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

It seems more and more mower companies are using those style of flail knives, mine are attached by a clevis ring, I'll have to upgrade mine now.

10. minimax

I did this lot today,here are some pic's of the lot before and after.This lot took 40 min. to mow.
    before:
    DSCN1532.JPG

DSCN1545.JPG

DSCN1561.JPG
    After:
    DSCN1563.JPG
    Minimax

DSCN1532.JPG

DSCN1545.JPG

DSCN1561.JPG

DSCN1563.JPG