New used machine

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by firelwn, Apr 3, 2007.

1. firelwn

firelwn LawnSite Member

I picked up a seal coating machine last year. Turns out it needed a-lot more work than I thought. I need to find a pump for it, can I use ant water transfer pump or not? Right now its set up with 2 different motors. 1- 5hp motor for the aggitator and another 6hp (I think its 6 hp) for the pump. I think 6hp is a little much to spray sealer, what do you guys think? I'll get some pictures and post them If it stops raining some time, I know how we love pictures.

2. upstateasphalt.com

upstateasphalt.com LawnSite Member

i sell full set ups, sounds like you bought a problem .
    the only way to go is air operated!! I can set you up.

3. firelwn

firelwn LawnSite Member

Of coarse you can. But I don't even know if I'm going to keep doing this. I'm just getting my feet wet. I don't want to spend a butt load of money and turn around and loose it. I bought this setup for 150 bucks had a motor and I can get another, just need the pump to transfer the fluid. I know the air is the best way to go by far but........ Not yet.

4. firelwn

firelwn LawnSite Member

OK here we go. Here are the pictures for you guys to take a look at. Keep in mind I'm looking from pump info. I don't want to spend huge amounts of $$'s on this thing, I don't even know if I'm going to do it for sure. My goal is to make enough this year and get a new setup next year. I want to run a guy out of my area that does crap for work and was caught dumping left over sealer into one of our creeks. :hammerhead: But here are the pics. INFO PLEASE, I'm not looking to purchase new equipment only a pump and possibly 2 motors.

Sealer pics 006.jpg

5. firelwn

firelwn LawnSite Member

Heres a couple more

6. firelwn

firelwn LawnSite Member

Lets try this again, guess I can only post one picture or some thing. But thats the pump anyways

7. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss LawnSite Member

imho, air is not the best way to go. for me its one engine, hydraulic aggitator and product pump.

8. EWS

EWS LawnSite Member

only use air operated systyems all other systems are used by gypsies. you cant run sand through a product pump, they are for the transfer of WATER... not sealer with sand. with air you also get better pressure and a better spray pattern. you can spray a driveway at 45-65 psi. it will look like ass. uneven and lines.

9. onahill

onahill LawnSite Member
    from mn

We all know EWS, if we do not do it your way we are lowballing gypsies spraying paint:dizzy:

You will be just fine with the set up you have firelwn. I bet you can find a replacement pump around your town fairly cheep.

10. firelwn

firelwn LawnSite Member

Ok so yh, Where would I get on of these pumps? WoulTSC he them or do I have to o someplace special. at is in bloom and I have a sytem I can't use it blows. :cry: