1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New (used) mower today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by precisionlawn, Apr 15, 2003.

1. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a 2001 48"Scag belt driven walk behind with 17 hp kaw. It was a demo that the dealer used to cut the property with. Super low hours, hardly been used! Picked it up about 6pm took it home and tried it on my lawn. This mower cuts better than the brand new exmark's I used for the guy I worked for last year! The list was $1999.95, I walked out the door with it for $1600. I definetly think the price was worth it. Does this price seem good to you guys?
    One more question....I know its a belt drive, but do you think it can pull a pro slide? The dealer says for sure, but who knows, what do you think?
  2. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Really? You dont say.:D

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds good!!!!
  4. Congrats on a good deal.

Sure that Scag will pull a pro slide.

Hydro's are great but they cost you about 3 hp.

So that belt drive ought to be able to pull that pro slide right out from under you!:D

Hang on!:D

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

That's a very good price...it probably lists around $2600 or $2700 (not as a demo though).
  6. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

I would think new list would be closer to $3,200-3,500 for that machine.
  7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

That is a good price but just because it shows low hours doesn't mean it hasn't been used alot. When I worked at a JD dealer we had a M665 zero turn that we used to mow 5 acres with every week and they had the hourmeter disconnected. Then a guy looked at it and decided he wanted to buy it so they hooked up the hourmeter again :mad: I almost told him that they disconnected it the whole time while I was using it but I held my tongue :rolleyes: It looked like new except for the decal on the discharge chute got blasted off when we pressure washed it (it got cleaned well every week after I mowed LOL). Still I know it was taken care of but that was still sneaky and underhanded for them to do... just make sure you got full warranty on it.

Also I don't really think it would pull a ProSlide too well unless you are only mowing flat dry ground....