1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New/used mower

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Decoste76, May 11, 2010.

1. Decoste76

Decoste76 LawnSite Member
    from MASS

What is the best new or used mower to get at a good price range around 5,000 give or take. that bags good. I looked a the new SCAG v-ride yesterday it was onsale for 5100 normally 7200. Whats out there thats better for that price new or used

2. JoeHop6299

JoeHop6299 LawnSite Member

5100, is a hell of a price, but if you are going to be puttting in alot of hours I would stay with a ZTR.

3. Decoste76

from MASS

doing about 15 accounts as of right now looking at about 2 days work a week

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i agree thats a great price but if you are looking to pickup more accounts in the future without mowing full time a ZTR or Stander would be a better choice

5. JoeHop6299

JoeHop6299 LawnSite Member

I have talked with alot of people that use those standups, they love them. They stay you get the benifits of both a w/B and ZTR together. I would go with it or try to find a used ZTR for about 5K. 5K will put you in alot of used ZTRs.

As far as the brand I have one Toro, and two Scags. Love the scags.

6. grassrat

grassrat LawnSite Member

How big are yor accounts if you are sticking with residential less than 1/2 acre a walker is great but has its limitations and 5g's will get a you a decent used one. They are only 48" decks and they are front mount decks and take a minute to get used to but I love mine.

7. Decoste76

from MASS

about an acre 3/4 to an acre each one