new used truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawnbridge, May 22, 2008.

1. lawnbridge

lawnbridge LawnSite Member

Looking to get a new used vehicle to pull my 16' trailer with 1 zero turn, 1 riding mower 2 push mowers and all the accesories. What would you guys look for? Currently have a 99 Silverado

2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

whats wrong with what u got?

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

hmmmmm!!!!!! maybe he has lots of money to spend on gas!

4. lawnbridge

Well, what'
    s wrong with what I got, is that it belongs to my brother in law and he has been letting me use it in exchange for mowing and spraying his lawn. Now his 16 yo daughter is wanting a car and he wants to trade it in on her car. So it leaves my up @#%^ creek!!!

5. btnj47

btnj47 LawnSite Senior Member

F series superduty :)

6. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

well, buy it from him if its a good truck! if its not broke, don't fix it...i always say..make him a offer...probably won't get nothing for trade in..your brother in law will make out if you buy it!

7. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I'd buy a 3/4 ton (2500) truck, either a Ford, Chevy or Gmc. Chevy HD or Ford SD would be at the top of my list. How much you got to spend?

8. lawnbridge

This has lots of issues, have replaced thermostat, water pump, truck still overheats when I drive more than 15 miles, not too much fun when it is 100 degrees here. I am looking in the 6-8k range

9. KrayzKajun

well i reject my last comment!

How much are you willing to spend on a truck? do searches on craigslist.com and autotrader. your are sure to find sumthn

10. KrayzKajun

for $6k-$8k you can definitly find a decent truck