1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Users

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ssouth, Apr 10, 2000.

1. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

I am a new user on this site. When I registered there were approxiamtley 650 users. I monitered this site two months before registering. My point is that many of us are new to this game and have a lot of questions that may seem futile to the ol' pros. But if I continue to see rude replies, just because some people know all the answers, I will discontinue my use of this site. All of us rookies do not know all of the answers and that is why we ask stupid questions. Please try to point us in the right direction without looking down upon us and treating us like children. And yes, I do use the search option.<p>thank you,<p>Ssouth<br>TLC, The Landscape Co.
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I think you will find that not all of us are rude. Don't be discouraged because of a few bad eggs. All of us was new at one time, but not all of us was lucky enough to have a great forum like this to answer our questions. BTW, I know several guys from your state that could help you out if needed.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Don't be discouraged by some of the negative comments. Even some of those comments have something in them that you can learn from. I have only been doing lawn care for 5 years but I wish this forum was around 5 years ago. It would have saved me lots of money and time. <br>If you have questions and don't want to post because you are afraid of a written butt kickin, do a search for the key word that you want. But I can assure you that if you post and someone comes back with a smart as#$d reply lots of us will jump their tail. There are no dumb questions. Some people will hide behind a screen and keyboard but would never say things in person. Please stay with the forum, you will find it very helpful. Good Luck, <br>ed
  4. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

The only stupid questions are those that are unask. Dont worry about the &quot;smart&quot; answers, consider the source.<p>Welcome to the industry.<p>Like was posted above I wish this had been here years ago. Jim
  5. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Dont worry about what some people will say<br>to you.People like that dont have the balls<br>to say something to your face,because your foot would be so far up their arse,it would<br>touch their heart.Even guys who have been<br>in the industry for years learn something <br>new now and then.I have been going 5 years<br>and I only learnt how to stripe 2 months ago.<br>(striping not real common here).<br>Good luck and if you have any questions,feel<br>free to e-mail me,I wont bite your head off.<br>:)<p>Karl<br>
  6. Hello:<p>Sorry about the rude replies, I wish there was something that could be done about it.<p>In most cases though you will find that some of the others will kick in, if they see someone giving another a hard time!<p>It's hard to manage a group of this size without a select few making a few smart remarks.<p>It would help as mentioned above to do a search using key words on the subject.<p>Another thing that would help is if someone does act rude, is wait for others to kick in or help out & don't make a reply.<p>It's happened to all of us, at one time or another!<p><p><p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/
  7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Ssouth, nobody like a crybaby. Anyway what comes accross in typed form may seem rude. But if you heard the tone of voice of the person saying it it would not be rude. I haven't seen many rude comments on here at all anyway. Some of the questions are common sense things. I think what some of the responders are trying to suggest is for some people to start THINKING!
  8. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

A lot of the so-called rude replies probably would never happened, if the original poster had taken a few minutes to scroll thru the last couple weeks messages. Nothing more frustrating than someone starting a thread that was just beat to death two days prior.<p>Bill<p> Bill -- this is partially our fault since the forum system doesn't allow searching as easily as it should... We are looking at ways to fix this... Please try to keep comments professional and not attacking if at all possible --Vladislav <br>
  9. Ssouth wrote:<p>&gt;But if I continue to see rude replies, just because some people know all the answers, I will discontinue my use of this site. <p>And how does this impact the rest of the members of this forum? Since you have been a<br>non-particapant in any of the past topics you<br>will not be missed.<p>Personal attack removed -- folks, please keep a professional attitude eh? -Vladislav
  10. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess you've just got to have a sense of humor!