New vacuum/shredder from DR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chevyman1, Sep 13, 2004.

1. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

2. chevyman1

go to the 7.0 HP commericial version too

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

For a ZTR, check out www.cyclonerake.com

You can order a free video too.

You can do a search here for input from guys that own them. They seem to like them.

4. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

looks like a poor mans Walker ?

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

...with much greater speed and 5 times the capacity. This thing WOULD take alot of modification to work commercially, though. The 6 hp Premier looks to be the only suitable model for a Z because their "commercial" model is a trailering type. One thing that would have to be done to put on a Z, would be to weld a bigger and thicker bracket on the front. The one on there just isn't wide enough to have enough leverage to swing it around. I agree with what was said above...the Cycone Rake looks to be a much better bet. I'm looking into one right now, but the package I'm looking at is coming in at just over 2 grand.

6. chevyman1

thank you very much for your help gogetter and everyone, I will stay away from the DR product and take a look at the cyclone rake

7. J Hageman

J Hageman LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I order a DR premier with 6 hp on Monday. Because it has a live time warranty on the impeller, along with the sharding of meaterial. The engine on both are set up for low-temperature startes. The hitch on DR Premier and Cyclone Rake are the same. I also like the hard sides of the box, the centrifugal separtor system and the chiper as well. Befor you pull with your ZTR you need to know if you can. You cannot with some of them.

8. chevyman1

they will not sell it to you if you have a ZTR, and it voids all warranties even if you do get one...

9. J Hageman

J Hageman LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I do have ZTR but I will be pulling it with a JD445 tractor.