new vehicles...vanity plates...wont cut the darn grass....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by geogunn, Jul 15, 2005.

1. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

what is up with people? I did a first time cut today...it was horrible.

it hadn't been cut in more than a month.

in the driveway was three new vehicles (or nearly new).

and each had a vanity plate.

whassup with people that have new vehicles and care enough for vanity plate status but only have their grass cut when the neighbors complain?

GEO :dizzy:

2. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

I just cut off a few I had like this. Didn't want regular service. Every month like clockwork they would call saying there yard needed cut bad and they wanted me to drop everything and get over there because they have company coming over. No more, to much wear on the equipment and not enough per hour.

3. Gizmo_019

Gizmo_019 LawnSite Member

Like my mom's boss. I ask him last year if he would like me to mow the office on a regualr basis. Mind you, this isn't your typical office, it's on 2.5 acres and has maybe a half acre of grass, 7 or 8 trees, hardly any weedeating, and the dust is horrible. You could mow this place while it was raining and I think it would still be like driving down a dirt road! I told him $70 each time, and I would do it twice a month. He told me he would pay me $50 a time, but he only wants it done 2 times a year! I told him to find his twice a year mower, because I wasn't going to do that. That's just crazy :dizzy: