New Velke Pics...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mkwl, Aug 17, 2005.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are some pics of my nw Velke Pro 1 with the 18" bar in black, mounted on my 2003 Bob-Cat 48" belt drive WB mower w/ 15HP Kawi engine. :D I love this thing!!! :cool2:

Velke 1.jpg

Velke 2.jpg

Velke 3.jpg

Velke 4.jpg

2. mkwl

So what do you think?

3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i think it looks like a normal velke. LOL. should speed up time for ya though, except now it'll look like you used a 24" mower

4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

mk,Not to get too off topic and stray the light from your "2003 Bob-Cat 48" belt drive WB mower w/ 15HP Kawi engine and Velke Pro 1 with an 18" bar in black" But, I took notice you have a 45CC STIHL saw correct? What model might that be? The reason I ask is because I just got my hands on a NEW 2005 MS260 Pro. I also on the same day bought an HT 101. Now those are just 2 out of 4 total STIHL machines I own.

Rob

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I am going to say to need to ride around on it some more. Got to wear that paint off the bottom. Then its a real velke. I like the new style pins they are using. Mine is a very very worn rusty scag orange on a worn 32" metro. Both have their battle scares. :D

One thing to remember about velkes. Keep them greased. Those bushing and bearing wear out fast with out grease. They are a pain to remove with out a hydraulic press.

6. mkwl

Mine is a 2002 MS250C. I am 99.9% sure it is exactly 45.4cc.

7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Man,You could not be more right about those damn bushings. I have already replaced the main bushings at the bracket that attaches to the mower frame once and let me tell you it was a pain in the @$$. I have not yet replaced the rest of them but it's looking more and more like i'm going to have to overhaul my X2. BTW green you should have seen the bottom of my X2 before I got bored and shot a little touch up paint on it.

Rob

8. mkwl

I'm just curious, why do you have such a huge trailer since you only have 1 mower and a few handheld tools?

9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Its called planning. Instead of out growing a smaller trailer and replacing it. He just went big in the first place. I wish I did that.

10. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

So I can carry all my landscape tools. I only cut one day a week, but I landscape 4-5 days a week. I have 3 wheel barrows in there, all my handtools, and my wet saw along with my tool boxes and powerwasher and some other stuff. Plus it was only 400 more to get the 20footer instead of 16. Along with the reason itsgottobegreen said.

I dont want to have to buy a bigger trailer down the road, thus next time I have to buy a new trailer, it'll be for another crew :cool2: :waving: