New Velke

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WoodBrothersLC, May 8, 2005.

1. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

Is anyone using the new Velke's with the pistol grips. We got a Stander last year and love the cut. Is the Velke's cut as good as other Wright products, and is it worth the money? Thanks.

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I have not seen it. Do you have a link?

3. WoodBrothersLC

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

What size deck do you plan on getting?

Personally since you already love your stander. Why don't you just get a 2nd one. I have ran both the velke and the stander. I like the stander a whole lot better. Why walk when you can ride. Velkes are nice. But why ride on a little baby tire, verse the nice big rear tires of the stander. The price difference isn't that much.

5. WoodBrothersLC

If we ever got one of them it would be to replace a walk behind. We're not looking at getting one right now. Thanks for the info.

6. Wright Mfg

Wright Mfg Guest

The velke mower decks are virtually the same as the Small Stander decks.

JV

7. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I picked one at the end of last season. Paid $4,600. 52" 17hp Kawi. I happen to like pistol grips, they don't bother my hands too much. It comes standard with an hour meter, parking break, electric clutch, 18x8.50x8 tires. Haven't used it yet. All I need to do now is bolt on the Proslide. Quality of cut should be the same as the Standers. Dealer support was my main reason for the purchase.

edit: doesn't really matter, but I just realized that this is almost a year old.

Velkemower.JPG

8. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Seems a little pricey for a walk-behind.

9. Wright Mfg

Wright Mfg Guest

Dfor- You already have the Velke sulky hitch and latch system. Why not get a Velke pro1 or X2? I hope you realize the limitations of Proslide.

JV

10. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

JV, I have used a Proslide for 6 years and really like them. Maybe if I were to try the Velke I'd change my mind. If I didn't have the Proslide, I'm sure I'd try the Velke attachment.