New VOLT Top Dog Mini (MR11) Spotlight

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by steveparrott, Jun 16, 2014.

1. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

2. Alan B

Alan B Sponsor

Great for planters, pergolas, niche lighting needs, and discreet applications.

3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I like the more discreet option. Great for 2nd story dormers and peaks with a gutter mount. It's small with a low profile, so it is far more discreet to place than the MR16. Also a good choice for setting inside large pots and planters to illuminate the foliage from inside. Good niche light- Glad to see it being offered now.

4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Great. But does it carry any approved electrical listings?

5. Alan B

Alan B Sponsor

All our fixtures (including our topdog mini), transformers, bulbs, cable are UL listed and ULc. We are waiting to announce anything until all inventory has been labelled.

6. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

James: " Great. But does it carry any approved electrical listings? "

James, since Alan has answered one of your perennial concerns, does this mean you might be using some of Volt's products now? :canadaflag::laugh:

(I will dedicate my question to the King of rapier-sharp wit, S&MLL, or maybe that should be the King of sledgehammer wit.:hammerhead:)

7. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

Touche back at you, rapier. (But, I was just making a joke for the one who always wants the listings.)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  8. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Tell you what Steve. You get all of that pricing down off of the VOLT website and I just might buy a couple of your fixtures to sample and tear down here. But until your selling policies change...

And to those of you who think that electrical listings on all of the components you use in your systems are unnecessary, or a joke... just ask your insurance underwriters what they think about them, then talk to your local electrical inspectors and ask them.

10. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like very nice products. On my way to find the website now. I've not been a huge fan of drop-in LED lamps because of the generally short warranty period but hey, maybe old dudes can be taught new things.
    I am curious to know what James is talking about though..... is there a debate about the pricing and/or distribution structure?

Regards,
    Chris