New W/B

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadA, Jul 15, 2005.

1. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

Im in the market for a 32" or 36" w/b. I don't want pistol grips. I have the ECS on my Exmark and that even hurts after a while. I have it narrowed down to a Hustler, Gravely or Toro. I like the controls on these. Are there any others with the T-bar style design. Any input on any of these mowers or other suggestions would be appriciated.

2. ChadA

Knowbody wants to chime in on this.

3. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

I have the gravely 36" wb with the prosteer system. I love it only wish I would have bought the hydro instead of the belt drive. I paid just under 3000 after taxes and the bagger

4. ChadA

I bought the toro 32" proline with the T-bar today. I'll test it out on my yard this weekend.

5. ted5487

ted5487 LawnSite Member

I recently purchased a 37 inch Hustler walk behind and have been very happy with it. I have used Ransomes BobCats for many years with the pistol grips. I find the Hustler to be much easier on my hands. It seems as though the Hustler is a very rugged machine, much more commercial than the BobCats. I believe that the 37 inch Hustler weighs 300 pounds more than one of my 48 inch BobCats, and a lot of that is the amount of steel that Hustler builds into their machines.

6. ChadA

I was also looking at the 37" hustler but they wanted 4k for it. a little more than I wanted to spend.

7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

No disrespect but that 300 pounds aren't really required in my opinion. I've looked at the Hustler mowers and it's true there's a lot of steel. I just think they're overbuilt. I'm currently using Bob-cat and it seems pretty tough to me. I would like to see a piece of steel running across the leading edge of the deck though.