New walk behind spreader from LT Rich

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Forever Green Lawn, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Forever Green Lawn

Forever Green Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Talked to Tom Rich today and he told me they are coming out with a new walk behind spreader/spayer. Lazer cut stainless frame, 4hp Honda, 100# hopper. Said he is going to send out info to anyone who owns his machines. Might be nice for anyone who needs a smaller spreader. He alsosaid it will be about 1/2 the size of a Perma-Green.
    Scott

2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

key word "walk behind"
    "homie don't walk behind" lol lol

sounds interested..i have the aerator from them and the workmanship is there...
    but my pg mag. is nice also..
    ant

3. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Saw one in Louisville last Saturday at the Expo. The look well built, lots of SS, & small enough to get through any gate.

4. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

do you know the price??

5. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Russ-

Can you please give us as much info as possible about their new machine?

6. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

I saw Tom at the Expo and just stopped by to say hello and that I was still very pleased with my Z, (11 rounds on it now, and no problems, the only reason I've had to call the company was to find the app. setting to start a Dilox app. at) when I saw it. It is not a knock off of anything but a completely new machine. Tom was telling me he designed it for the guys with a lot of small properties or gates. Looks to me like it would be just the machine if you were doing 30-50 properties per round or if you were a mega company and wanted to increase production for a tech on a small property route. I ask about the price and he said around 3K. Considering that's about how much a guy would invest in a skid sprayer and a SS Lesco spreader he may have another winner on his hands.

7. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i saw it too.. looks like it's build like a brick s*** house.. tom had said that it would be around $3-$3500 and most likley would include a carrier for the vehicle.

8. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

They way its built...is that description good or bad?

9. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

very well built and looks strong. like to see a sulky on it. they might have a tuff time selling it as just a walkbehind spreader/sprayer. being lesco has a w/b spreader only, and it sells for alot less, just wont spray (and it has a lesco spreader:realmad: )