1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Walkbehind

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DSLND, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Friday I traded my Toro Z for a Lesco. The lady gave me the WB and the difference in cash. I was getting ready to list the ZTR, and get a Stander, but this lady offered me cash right away, so I had to let it go (That machine made me a lot of money). The Lesco is a decent machine, I don't plan on owning it very long, only until I can make up my mind on what I want to do in terms of mower choices (debating about getting a 48" Stander, or getting a 36" WB, bigger trailer and keeping the Lesco).

Heres the specs:

200? Lesco WB
    17hp Kawi
    48" Floating Deck
    Sulky/Grass Gobbler
    350 Hours

Like I said, I didn't get this mower by choice, it just kind of fell into my hands, but its alright.

2. TwistedSister

TwistedSister LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

That doesnt look like a floating deck but nice mower.
  3. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

same here. looks like a fixed deck to me Mitch but I could be wrong.
  4. pj550v12

pj550v12 LawnSite Senior Member

I have almost the same mower, 52inch 19hp, thats a fixed deck sorry bud
  5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

make sure you keep that sulky greased, and thats an awesome mower! lots of luck with it!
  6. KSgrassmaster

KSgrassmaster LawnSite Member

nice mower. I would definelty go with the stander. I purchased 2 52" and ill never look back. They are the mowers choice.
  7. DSLND

Woops, guess i was wrong about the deck. Its incredibly easy to change the height, I cant imagine the simple procedure involved in changing the height on a floating.

8. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

actually when you remove the spaces on the front casters all you are doing is changing the deck pitch. on a non floating deck the proper way to change the height to is add spacers to the blades or to physically remove the deck from the power unit and raise or lower the entire assembly...

So why did you ditch the toro? The lesco mower will be great mower, and should give you quite a few years of use.
  9. DSLND

Thats sort of what I figured.

The toro was approaching 800 hours and I wanted to be sure to get the maximum value out of it. That and the more yards I add, the more I need something that is compact, which is why Im going for a stander unt. The lesco will prob. be on the market either later this year if I go with a Wright, or early next year if I wait for the Toro stander.

10. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice Mower how do you like the sulky
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.