New Walker 26 hp efi

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Currier, Aug 18, 2001.

1. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I have this awesome dealer that basically sold my 18 year old walker (model c). He would tell homeowners that were wanting a Walker but not wanting the cost for a new one. It made it possible for me to buy a brand new 26 hp efi with the 48" deck

SO... Today my parner and I mowed 21 lawns in 9 hours. These were lawns that would have taken us considerably longer before. They are basically a mix of sizes but a large burden to do in one day. Yesterday I mowed one in an hour and fifteen minutes that used to take both of us working together an hour (or more). This was a lawn that just strained the heck out of the old machine. The new machine didn't miss a beat

I love this mower! the c had a 42" deck we went with the 48" for this one (I know why not a 60" monster???) I am just real impressed with the power, quality of cut, and speed. YEEHAW!

My old machine sold for 2500.00 and the new cost 9500.00 so there is some paying to do but it is real clear that this machine will pay for itself. Dang I love those new toys! :)
  2. Grapevine

Grapevine LawnSite Member

We run 3 Walkers and the oldest is a "97" I know everyone but me side discharges, but for me I couldn't be in this business and do the volume and the quality of work we do without them.
  3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

ya gotta luv em'
  4. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

Congrats Currier.
    I pick up my new 26EFI w/48" GHS this week.

52" SD deck w/Mulch kit (will be my main deck)
    tail wheel lock
    arm rests
    manual deck lift
    9.5 bushel catcher
    low-profile tires

On order:
    spring tine dethatcher
    implement hitch and tail weight
    loader bucket
    Mill Creek aerator

What do you think of the new Walker seats? Finally a BREATHABLE seat.
  5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

RMDoyon, take a look at this thread, it might help you with the dethatcher. Make sure you at least remove the little extension tabs that come with the dethatcher and replace them with heavier material before it breaks.
  6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I bought mine in 2000 and will add to the positives.
    Mine is a GHS 42" w 26EFI. Unbelievable vacuuming capability. I also added the speed up kit which makes it as fast as I want to go.
    Its made me some good money over the last year and a half.
    I'm looking forward to leaf season again.
  7. lawn perfections

lawn perfections LawnSite Member

does anyone have any bad things to say about the efi? from what i understand there is just more to go wrong with them(electrical). i have never used one it is just hear say. but i would like to know b/c i am interested in the larger engine. i am afraid of the 25 kohler and i am not sure if the 20hp is enough...
  8. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I always told myself that the 26 hp efi new would be my ideal machine...and I figured it would always be out of reach. When I found out how affordable it was for the $$ generated, it didn't take long for me to decide to go for it! I've only had it for 35 lawns so far ( one week as of friday the 24th) but I am seriously loving the power and the quality of cut. Now I' m thinking of adding an aerator and maybe the 42" mulching deck. The problem is I really don't want to spend any more $ this year, but I figure by going with a new machine, I have some time to add the attachments that I want.
  9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I was so happy earlier but that went away. While mowing my last customer today (my neighbor) the machine just stopped like someone turned off the key. It would not start back up. So I pulled it up onto the Trailer with my Toro WB and back to the dealer.
    I'm hoping something easy like a switch. I'll find out tomorrow. I'm not in a hurry though, he gave me a 62" Yazoo/Kees ZTR to use tomorrow. I tried it tonight and it is very nice. I can see a Z on my trailer too.

I'll let you know whats up with my 26EFI tomorrow.:mad:
  10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have a 2000 Walker with 26efi and have had no problems with it. Plenty of power. I currently have a 48" GHS, but in the market of a used 52" mulching/SD deck. Does anyone know if I will have to buy a different harness, or can I just swap the deck pans. Help is appreciated.