New Walker Mower For ME!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Drew Gemma, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

Brand new 2008 Walker 26 Kohler EFI 48inch deck, 9.5 hopper, bigger blower, cast iron housings on gear box, low profile tires, dual tail wheels deck height adjustment. This thing rules I mowed my yard which is only about a year old and very neglected. Pics to follow Also I mowed in the rain and it bagged everything no problem.
  2. Drew Gemma

here are pics of the mower ant the cut at my less than fantastic lawn at my new house with my dog crapping on the lawn!

IMG_0302 (2).jpg

IMG_0303 (2).jpg
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

That would be the one I buy new when my 2000 26EFI goes out. But I think I have some time left as she is a strong runner. I would stay with a 42 deck as some backyards have narrow gates. That is a nice rig Drew. How many scheckles did it set you back?
  4. Drew Gemma

11,000 and change out the door with all the options
  5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Walker has a huge loyal fan base for obvious reasons. Wish you had some better quality turf to show it off but it is good you can cut grass in the rain which looks like I'm going to be doing if I get anything done.
  6. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

If this is your first walker, make sure that you never run out of gas. Only because it will take some time to get the gas back into the fuel lines.
  7. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

soon as u can afford it get the electric dump option (not the high lift!)--well worth it in the long haul!
  8. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

YES! get the high dump i love mine works great, never slows you down
  9. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

dont hit water shut offs gear boxes get expensive
  10. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice mower