New Walker $$ not as bad as I had thought

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Currier, Jun 14, 2001.

1. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

Today I checked with my dealer as to the monthly payments on the new 26 hp efi with 48" deck.(largest property 2 acres...I know...it isn't a 700 inch deck!) I was figuring on getting the old $500.00 per month payment speech. I really haven't had much luck talking financing with them. They are a John Deere dealer and also a Walker dealer. Come to find out a 26 hp payment comes to 212.00 per month for 48 months. Now, I know the price is still 10,000. They want 1800 downpayment, and I think that is actually a pretty reasonable payment considering the machine and the income produced, the quality of cut, and the lack of operator fatigue.

On a side not this dealer is great. Had a breakdown today (twice) and these guys tore it up this afternoon and I am set to go tomorrow. I must say I will definately be considering that new machine, but hopefully it won't be needed as the old one should hold up!

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Of all the payments I make every month, the mower payment is the one I don't mind making.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Ain't that the truth! The one thing that pays for itself, now if I figure out how to get a Harley to do that! :D

Payments sound very good, have fun with your new mower!

4. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't decided to do it yet but I am doing some serious considering. This year seems to be the year a 1+ acre lawns and I am feeling the need for more productivity. No dixie dealers. Walker is THE mower of choice around here and my machine is old (17 years) and is only the 16 hp. I'm thinking 26 hp would be great not to mention all the new bells and whistles.

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

The Walker is a great machine and the power and fuel economy of the 26 is something you have to experience. I have a 42" deck with a 26 and it sucks the worms out of the ground.
    Not bragging but I paid my Walker off in less than 1 season and the year after I made half of what it is worth in spring cleanups/dethatchings alone.
    Don't hesitate. Buy one and start being even more productive.
    Good Luck