1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new washer

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by aka lawn, Aug 22, 2012.

1. aka lawn

aka lawn LawnSite Member

Currently run a very small lawn care business looking at getting into power washing. I can get a snapper 3000 psi. 2.5 gpm. Would this type unit work for just getting started?
  2. Pressure Washing Cleve

Pressure Washing Cleve LawnSite Member

It's a bit small. I would get a 3000 psi @ 4 gpm.
  3. Doug Rucker

Doug Rucker LawnSite Member

4. capt bob

capt bob LawnSite Member

To small to expand to a surface cleaner , Look the specs for a smaller surface cleaner and
    buy accordingly it's tough to be productive if you only clean with a wand if you are cleaning any flat surfaces , Cleaning units GPM is more important than higher pressure 3-3500K will clean just about anything if you are pushing enough water , Sometimes the big box stores see their rental washers after so many hours, Honda engines are good for thousands of hours if properly maintained or a used one on Craigs list , Pawn shop ect
    the Snapper you are looking at
    would be more of a homeowner type unit you would be limited more to house washing
    decks and knocking down wasp nests and cobwebs ect . but you have to start somewhere. I think you would be better off with a larger good used one.
  5. aka lawn

aka lawn LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the advice. I was looking at it because I work at briggs and stratton and can get this one for half price. Buy a employee sale they have going. The biggest gpm they have on sale is 2.8. Looking at cheap start up. It comes with a two year warranty.