1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New way to trim

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Sep 24, 2000.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I was diving past the golf course the other day. I saw a maintenance worker driving a golf cart,steering with his right hand,and dragging a 21" mower backwards with his left hand. He was acually trimming areas along the road the big mowers couldn't reach.
  2. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I drove past a large retirement home and the maintenance man was driving a lawn tractor with one arm while pulling a 21" mower on the side with his other arm. Both machines were cuttung grass and well uh wish you could have see those stripes, NOT!
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I was driving by a shopping center & there was a walk behind going at full speed while a guy sat with his legs folded on the deck trying to trim. I had to stop and watch,(thinking I might be dialing 911),it was on a farily steep incline going into a drain. they had to make several passes to get the trimming accomplished,if I only had my camera with me, I probally would have a new account!

[Edited by mow money on 09-24-2000 at 11:27 PM]