New WB question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chuskey, Apr 29, 2004.

1. chuskey

chuskey LawnSite Member
    from NC

I'm ready to take the plunge next year and strike out on my own. I've been mowing for 2 1/2 years with someone, and I've decided to buy my own equipment. I've got a couple of questions maybe a few of you could help me with. I've decided I want to start with a Hustler WB. The size is the question. I could get a 48" and get a push mower for those back yard I might not be able to get into. The other option I was thinking was getting the 37" Hustler and getting a Flex Deck to go with it. That would give me a total of 55" of cutting and the ability to get in most gates with it flipped up. I know Hustler's working on the Gatestar, but it's been promised to be released "this december" for two years now. I'm sure they're going to make it, but I've got yards I can start on now.

A couple of questions for anyone who has Flex deck experience. How does it do when you're set up for mulching, and is the height adjustable on the deck.

Thanks for any/all advise.

Chad

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you would be disapointed with the 15hp motor trying to run 55inches of deck.

3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

The Gate mower from Hustler i believe was just released, check around on the threads around here...

4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Don't expect to be able to "buy" one before the end of the season or next spring......