new WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by longviewlawncare, Jul 28, 2002.

1. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Gettin ready to get a new walkbehind. here are my choices. Exmark TTHP 48 or 52. Ferris DD 48 or 52. Scag SWZ 8 or 52.
    Huslter 48 or 52. What do you think about all these. i have used an Exmark and scag but not the other too. I plan on demoing all again. Price for the Exmark is 5199. Does this sound good?

2. Firefighter Dave

Firefighter Dave LawnSite Member

Price is about right... I got a quote for a TT HP 48" for $4,999.00, with a mulch kit...

Dave

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I think alot of people will tell you to get the Scag or Exmark.
    I also think that alot of people will tell you to get the Hustler.
    The Scag and Exmark people don't seem to have tried the Hustler but the Hustler people appear to have previously owned Scag or Exmark.
    Does this tell you something? They're all excellent machines, nothing wrong with any of them. But the Hustler does seem to Excel alittle (Hey the company's name is Excel Hustler haha..)
    Just look real close at all of those machines before you lay your money on the line, cause you can only spend the same $5k once!

4. Firefighter Dave

Firefighter Dave LawnSite Member

I have not seen the Scag in action on grass....and I am only choosing the Emark for the ease of use. The Xmarks new ECS system is awesome... I tried operating the Scag WB and it sucked.... only b/c the Xmark was so easy to use.

Dave

:blob2: :blob2: