New web site - critique please?

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by Roof Cleaning Virginia, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Houston Tx Roof Cleaning

Houston Tx Roof Cleaning LawnSite Member
    from Katy Tx

Thanks Ted.

2. Roof Cleaning Virginia

Roof Cleaning Virginia LawnSite Member

The mods to the new website continue:

• We're making the transition to *some* social media
    • Google +s are rackin' up quick!!
    • We have an integrated blog now. The separate (old) one will fade away in time I guess.
    • Landing pages are still a work on progress and will be for quite some time.

As always, constructive criticism or suggestions are welcome.

3. PressureWashOutlet

PressureWashOutlet LawnSite Member

If you are still accepting input...may I offer the following?

Move your call to action buttons above the fold of your webpage. Meaning...when you website first loads, your buttons should be visible. You have action buttons but they are located at the very bottom of your page...ugly roof stains, testimonials and payment....that should be up above the fold. Also, bump up your meta/keywords tags in your HTML. Always remember to keep your font styles/sizes/colors to no more than 3....confuses folks. The links at the very bottom of the page....could they be grouped maybe by area and then listed in a dropdown box vertically?

Just my opinions.

4. PressureWashOutlet

Good deal. I am taking a web course w the Google reps Wednesday in Atlanta. If anything interesting comes up that would be useful, I will pass it along.

Marie
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Roof Cleaning Virginia

Hi Marie, and a belated thank you for your input. It's appreciated!

6. A to Z Roof Cleaning

A to Z Roof Cleaning LawnSite Member

7. Roof Cleaning Virginia

Thanks Zach. I still have a long way to go and a few more kinks to work out, but we're getting there.

8. PressureWashOutlet

Just wanted to pass along some other information from the Google training I just had....
    make sure your site has an "about us" page and a "privacy" page....Google spiders use those pages to determine if site is legit.....make sure every picture has descriptive properties attached to it in html.

And blog blog blog....so blogs are so important to Google because it helps to indicate that the site is "fresh".

9. Roof Cleaning Virginia

Thanks for sharing Marie. I've made more changes to my homepage. It'll be in a constant state of flux for a while longer.