New web site, tell me what ya think?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by N.H.BOY, May 14, 2011.

1. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

wonder what the "others" are?

2. HeyLook-Media

HeyLook-Media LawnSite Member

probably chrome mostly. Never know maybe netscape? ;p

3. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Had not looked at browsers in my stats for quite a while.

Here is the recent activity.

mdvaden_webstats.jpg

4. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

I think the site looks great. Its very professional & clean... easy to move around in. The pictures only took maybe 10 seconds to load for me. I love how you list your contact information & you have the form to fill out on your contact page.. so many companies don't make it very easy to find a phone number or only want you to email them & that looses me fast. The only thing I even noticed was that on the home page you use this call to action at the very bottom...CALL US TODAY FOR YOUR FREE, NO OBLIGATION, ESTIMATE! 603-304-9111 ... I would move it up further on the page as knowing you will come do a free estimate & listing your phone number right there for me to call seems quite important & sometimes I tend not to read all the way to the bottom.

Good luck!

5. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you think the average visitor to a website is going to assume about estimates, like if they don't notice it right way?

That the estimates cost money?

Or that the company wants customers to call and will do free estimates?

:)

6. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

Well, my initial thought is that most companies probably provide free estimates but if I was only checking out a couple of companies & one made it very clear & the other didn't... it could possibly just be a quick way of eliminating companies that I didn't want to investigate further. What I do know about marketing is that it is very important to make a "call to action" for the customer. CALL NOW - VISIT OUR WEBSITE... that sort of thing, so by putting the full statement closer to the top you would just be killing two birds with one stone so to speak.

7. bolc5150

bolc5150 LawnSite Member

Back to the original topic...Very Nice website sir. Hope your daughter's work cheap, mine sure don't.. Good luck.

8. N.H.BOY

Thanks and no my oldest daughter works for her damn cell phone bill:hammerhead:

9. N.H.BOY

........nice

10. N.H.BOY

Still up and running however someone had said NOT to use "flash" as it doesnt show up on some Ipod users :dizzy: Any thoughts on this? If not flash then just still photos ? I need to update pics bad as these were pics few years back in the beginning:dancing: