Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Daniel's Lawn Care, Apr 17, 2010.
Check out my new website at www.appomattoxriverlandscapes.com Let me know what you think!
I see you created the site with a free web tool so I don't know if your can change much. A few comments:
1. "Create a free website with Weebly" (page bottom text). Most wouldn't notice this, but I did. If I were a potential customer, I'd wonder why a good company wouldn't invest in a custom-designed site. Don't underestimate the sophistication of your best target customers - many are sharp business people and they know that good businesses invest in excellent websites.
2. The huge logo at the top center of every page! It's way too big, with too much whitespace and it pushes your text below the fold - forcing users to scroll with every page. The logo should be reduced in size and incorporated into your header.
3. Coming soon. Several pages have this. Not a good thing. It puts off the customer and Google penalizes sites with coming soon pages.
4. Image Gallery. Very user unfriendly. No one wants to scroll down a long page of unorganized photos. There are plenty of free or cheap galleries that can be incorporated into a site. I don't know about Weebly?
5. SEO. I see your meta tags of <meta name="description" content="Landscaping, Lawn Care" /><meta name="keywords" content="Farmville, VA" />.
- Your home page lacks a title tag - extremely important.
- Your page description tag - should include geographical terms and other service terms. Every page should have a description tag since the description is what usually shows up in Google.
- you need to identify the keyword that best applies to each page in your site. Include that keyword in your title and description tags. Then repeat the keyword three to five times in the text of that page.
That's all for now. Other than these points above, it's a pretty good site.