New Website for the spring

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Lynden-Jeff, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi,

Well I sat down a month or two ago and redid my website from scratch. Any input would be appreciated, althought the gallery is not complete yet.

www.lyndenlawncare.com

Cheers
    Jeff

2. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

Visually I think your front page is stunning -- nice design

I would worry al ittle bit about optimizing if for google searches though. With out a lot of content on any of the pages and no keyword tags and such -- i would be concerned about where it will rank in Googles index.

3. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Looks great, no complaints!

4. mdbolin

mdbolin LawnSite Member

You are right, Lonny
    You might want to go to
    https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
    It will help you get words that will help google find your site using search words you think people will use when they are trying to find you.
    My company builds websites for the nursery industry . we are called the site gardener.
    Go there and read about SEO.(search engine optimization ) on our services page. It will better explain what we are talking about.
    Good Luck
    Mark Bolin
    http://www.thesitegardener.com

5. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

Results 1 - 10 of about 75,000 for landscaping Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
    Results 1 - 10 of about 55,000 for lawn care Golden Horseshoe, Ontario

Your multiple posts comes up on a search (Posts: 1,164) they dominate the first page search results.
    make this (www.lyndenlawncare.com) -Landscaping Golden Horseshoe- or what ever the search term you think people will type in,

good luck

6. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice front page.... just curious-why all the equipment manufacturer links. Surely you are not trying to encourage your homeowners to buy their own equipment..LOL

7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for all the comments, I am going to try and SEO it a little more in the near future. The equipment links are basically to show we use commercial equipment, many people do not around here.

Cheers
    Jeff