1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New website for your critique

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by LonniesLawns, Nov 13, 2007.

1. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

I am in the very beginning stages of working witha website developer and designer on creating a website for me.

Would you please take a look at it and give me your initial thoughts? I really like the overall feel and look of it -- but it hasn't nailed it yet. I'm trying to put some ideas together before getting back to the designer for the next draft.
    This is just the bones of the site -- none of my pics yet or content.

2. Trkcat_Ga

Trkcat_Ga LawnSite Member

I hope they arent charging you alot. My 2 cents.....

To much green... the layout / design isnt too bad but I would remove the darkgreen border around the page and just keep it all the lighter green or Vice-versa.

Remove the IFrame content on each page. That means where the content of the pages can scroll to each side...get rid of that and just have them insert the content without the pages scrolling to each side.

Check your forms... when you send a contact form it doesnt tell you what feild is or isnt required. It would help your visitors if they knew what was required and some folks dont care to give up to much personal info. Most the time I will only give an email address to start when dealing over the net.

Last... Set up a easier navigation to the home page.
  3. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Colors seems fine to good to me
    I like to have a phone number right in plain sight as soon as the home page comes up, maybe right under the logo
    People don't like to spend a lot of time looking around on how to contact you
    On the contact page at the bottom you say "a small, personal"
    I think I would leave small out, personal sounds great
    You might even introduce yourself and team if you want to keep the personal theme. You could say something like "make sure you ask for _______"

You have gotten through the easy part
    good luck with the site
  4. LonniesLawns

from KS

Designer made some revisions based on my feedback -- liking it better. keep giving me feedback.
  5. LonniesLawns

from KS

Bill, Thanks for the ideas.

I think the phone neumber is proabbly good idea -- i iwll get that added up top.

I am working on writing the copy for the about us page which will tell more about us. I really appreciate your feedback.
  6. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

At least you dont have the small print. That drives me crazy.
  7. Trkcat_Ga

Trkcat_Ga LawnSite Member

A ton better than before in my opinion!
  8. RedCastle

RedCastle LawnSite Member
    from MA

my 2 cents on it....

overall good design...i would loose the water lilles in the bottom of main page. and also talk w/designer about a dhtml navbar.

have the images stop switching in the header... i would also have it not switch on the side it distracts you..i would however leave it so you can change it w/the seasons...the tree turining colors is good for time like this for fall clean ups...water fall? doesn't seem to flow to much w/the business even though it looks nice.

blog? are you planning on having discussions on recomendations you want customers to have service performed?

definately have contact info on main page

looking good but the dhtml menu would elimante the second nav box which throws off the service page.
  9. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

Only thing I saw was I think the "B" in blog should be capitalized. I liked it though

Edit: Also when I hit the back button it would not show the gallery tab after I viewed the gallery and the services after I viewed the services. If I hit refresh it would come back.
  10. LonniesLawns

from KS

Have done several more updates this week.

Getting closer -- but still a work in progress!