new website . . . looking for some feedback

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by shade tree landscaping, Feb 29, 2008.

1. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

recently re-did my website, I did it myself with Yahoo web site builder, looking for feed back so let me know what you guys think. thanks in advance
    ww.shadetree-landscaping.com

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Personally I would lose the gopher graphics they bring down the site a bit. You need to do spell check, "contact us" page,
    Please fill in the information below to schedule a FREE, no obligation estimate at your convince.

3. Raven386

from CT

Shade-Tree check your PM's

4. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Green print on green background is a bit tough on old eyes, try another color. Reword the 5 dissatisfied vs one satisfied or leave it out, bringing up unsatisfied customers is not helping to sell your services. On your specials page try saying lawn service rather than lawn cutting. Perhaps reword your specials to say some restrictions apply and always keep your expire date on there, in the advertising world that's your "call to action" wording. There are a lot of good things in your site and I've only pointed out the ones I think could be improved . Good Luck

5. shade tree landscaping

6. Raven386

from CT

on your services page, the different colored services is hard to read too...check your pms shadetree...

7. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

banner on the bottom of home page is covering text

shoot me an email for some seo tips...

8. shade tree landscaping

RAVEN, I checked my PM's from you, looking for some freindly free advice and feedback

9. CollegeCash

CollegeCash LawnSite Member

I agree on the green words with green background hard on the eyes. The background color is good, but I just don't like any of the word coloring. The banner are the top I don't like. I think you'd be better off with a larger header. I got someone to make me a really nice header online for 5 bucks. If you are artistically challenged like I am, I can give you a link to him if you want me to. You need something to grab attention to your home page because most web surfers only stays on a website for a few seconds. The think that the basic layout of your website is good, though.