1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Website open for Critiques or Applause

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES, Feb 5, 2008.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a link to me new site. Let me know what you think. The pictures on the design page are being adjusted so that they will show up as big as the ones on the portfolio page.

2. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks great, but when you use stock art, you should dig deep. Some stock stuff is too widely used. We took this image off our site over a year ago. There's absolutely nothing wrong with stock because lets face it, landscapers don't keep a professional photographer on staff.

My suggestion would be to use new stock images (if you use them) that reflect your true capabilities as a company without dramatization and change those images frequently to insure they are not floating everywhere on the web.

It was especially damning for us because our designer is subcontracted as most are and we do not want to misrepresent our services.

All in All...You're giving me a run for my money there. I'm assuming you paid a designer?

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Yes a designer did my site. I figured some of the pictures i used would pop up other places. To tell you the truth, i scheduled my website update in what i thought was a slow part of the year and was going to put a ton of time into it. Well, i got a lot of phone calls and jobs lined up, so i had to go with what looked good that i found rather quickly. I agree that one photo is a little overboard, but it can be updated later. the main thing i wanted to concentrate on was not stealing any images. i just suggest no one mention where they get their photos from so that others don't go looking for them to go on their site.
  4. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I think it looks great.
  5. Stack Landscape

Stack Landscape LawnSite Member

The design is awesome! So often people try to put up sites their self, or even worse, go the cheap route. Just make sure that the site keeps growing in the functions it has and think of the question...."How can I make it more convenient for my client?" I am in the process of putting up a website myself. www.StackLandscape.com What do you think so far?
  6. okeefl

okeefl LawnSite Member

Looks awesome!
  7. ExcaliburLawnCare

ExcaliburLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from MI

I really like the design of your site. I like how all the information that is essential does not have to be scrolled, which gives an instant view of what it is that you do in less than 3 seconds. I am striving to manage this on my updated site which is to be released in the next few days. All in all, you have an impressive site.

BTW..add a little personal feel/touch in the "about us" section to let the client know you along with the business.