New website suggestions

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Son and Snow, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Son and Snow

Son and Snow LawnSite Member

I agree. My friend is a graphic designer and he's going to make up some stuff for me. Haha your analogy is funny and makes sense. Ill relay the info to my friend and see what he can design. Ill see what I can do with the FAQ page, thats a good idea to word it differently and some different text sizes. Thanks

2. Son and Snow

how do you guys like this logo? clean and fresh I think it is

LOGO.jpg

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Good concept. Execution not so much

Maybe stack them
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Son and Snow

what about this? I think the words landscaping and snow removal are added in on the bottom it ties it together better.

LOGO with words cropped.jpg

5. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Those aren't gray hairs, they're off-blond.

Anyhow, to the latest logos... you want a professional result, you hire a professional. That's what we tell our clients, right? I think your buddy is well-intentioned but fighting above his weight class. Way above.

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Completely agree. Anytime I see new logo/design mocks using heavy gradients, I cringe. One great thing about the advent of mobile, and the accompanying "flat" design, is that it's banishing gradients to the nether.

Son & Snow, if you tighten up the font spacing (literally), bringing it in closer, losing the italicization, and going with complimentary, flat color O's of a sun and snowflake, I think you'll find yourself on the right track. You could also do the same, with two levels, left-aligned. The son and snow, lowercase, son on top the snow, leaves you with the space above the "w" for the ampersand. Plenty of directions to go with it. Like I said, it would be a breeze for a graphic designer to do.

7. Son and Snow

alright guys what about this? I think I'm getting somewhere now. :cool2: I might try having a "professional" do it but I'm seeing what can be come up with at home first

Logo for tony2.jpg

8. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

I had a local graphic designer help me with my logo. She charges just $30 an hr which I think is a bargain. I'm thinking you could use some help. Something looks off to me. Maybe too many colors.

9. Son and Snow

thanks, I do plan on seeing a professional If need be. $30 an hour isn't bad at all

10. Son and Snow

any better:dizzy:

Logo for tony2.jpg