NEW WEBSITE (Tell me what you think)

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Mike's All Season Service, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Mike's All Season Service

Mike's All Season Service LawnSite Senior Member

2. Mike's All Season Service

39 Views and no comments...............COME ON THAT'S NOT LIKE LAWNSITE!!!

I KNOW YOU ALL WAY TO WELL........THERE SHOULD BE AT LEAST ONE COMMENT BY NOW!!

Good or bad let's here it!

3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I like it, the layout is simple and to the point. The only advice I could give would be to make the pictures bigger. I couldn't make out a few of them right away, I had to squint, and then they just look like someones back yard, no details. Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, Some nice detail shots of some of your jobs would really give an 'AHA' factor to someone browsing your site looking for ideas, and possibly a quote from your company
    Just my 2 cents. (Heck, I dont even have a site yet!)

4. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

No comment is usually a good thing. Honestly...your site looks great! Awesome job on it!! Really there isn't anything I don't like about it. I think it has a professional look...and it's to the point! Not cluttered and hard to navigate. Kudos!

5. Trkcat_Ga

Trkcat_Ga LawnSite Member

Very nice job on the site... only thing I would do is add a small gallery to show some work but the site still looks great!

6. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

The only thing I notice is I am not sure what area you cover. It says "throughout michigan" that is a pretty big state
    You may have the areas on your metatags, but I think I would show counties or "detroit metro area" (I have no idea where you are located, fill in Detroit with whatever area you are in)

7. thefed

thefed LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

few things i noticed:

some of your stripe photos show some not-so-green grass? might be my monitor...

page is not centered when i pull it up using firefox, i didnt try internet explorer... but it has 2" or so of dead space on either side with your 'page' centered on the page...

sweet site though!

good job

8. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

looks good and clean. has all the info needed.

9. Mike's All Season Service

Yeah the photo section is getting worked on this winter.
    Some of the pictures were taken in july when the grass was burned(My Mistake)
    It says on the about us page all of southeast michigan. (which is what we try to cover)

about the 2" on either side some people dont have wide monitors and my web guy said that they might not get the whole page if we didnt do that.

Thanks for all the compliments and the critiques!:waving:

10. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks very nice.

Like the colors

Personally, I'd leave the phone number static, but with photo rotation remaining.

It's a nice enough design that the slide-show thing is not essential.

Either way, it looks good.