New Website up and running

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Stonehenge, Feb 14, 2001.

1. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

OK folks, here we go.

As of about 5 minutes ago, our new website is up and running. Please take a look and tell me what you think (but only if you think good things!! :D)

http://www.StonehengeBPL.com

2. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice.
    Very professional.
    Clean, easy to use, and lots of info!

Do your customers use this to communicate w/ you (E-mail)?
    I imagine that it is used mostly as gathering info about your and the services you offer.

3. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice. Do your customers look at it on a regular basis?

4. diginahole

diginahole LawnSite Member

Great site. Did you make that yourself or hire someone?

5. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello,

nice site.

Do you have to request 'permission' to use the 'stone henge' picture as a business symbol, ie. copyright, etc.?

steveair

6. Hello Stonehenge:

It's Very-Very Nice Professional Looking Website!

The big question is did you build it & if you did you are in the wrong profession. :)

I've seen 100's of sites built by professional web designers & theirs look like crap compaired to yours? Something you can be very proud of!

Do you mind saying where you got the images from & if it was a piece of software what was it?

I wish you the Best!

7. Stonehenge

from Midwest

Well, I've got to feel good when people ask if I had it hired out. Thanks for that.

I did the page myself, with the help of Microsoft Frontpage. The picture of Stonehenge was a picture taken by a customer of mine when they went over there, so as far as copyrights go, that's legal.

The rest of the pics were either pictures of our work, or for the navigation bar, they were pictures of ours that were cropped to size picture of a pair of pruners, picture of a lilac, etc.

Whether they look at it on a regular basis - I hope they do!! Now that it's up, my promotional materials will reflect the site, so I hope they'll look. It's meant as a place where they can get some info about the company without a sales pitch. If they like what they see, they can e-mail or call us.

8. diginahole

diginahole LawnSite Member

I saw a great idea on someones web site the otherday, it was a wish list for customers to build before you even get to the first meeting. Here is the link.
    Wish list

9. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

Say,

Is that you on the ground wearing the 'jack nicholson' edition white straw hat and all your workers watching with the look "what is he doing". Look's like too nice of an outfit to be rolling around in the mud with. I save those for dates, ..................ah, who am I kidding!

steveair

[Edited by steveair on 02-14-2001 at 12:58 PM]

10. Stonehenge

from Midwest

Yeah, the guy in the funny hat is me. Looks like I should be sipping a drink in Fiji somewhere, not installing a scape covered in mud. :D

Hey everyone - I was torn between fast download speeds and nice big pictures. You can tell which I chose. Does the site take you long to download? Do you think I should add bigger/more pics?

Thanks!!

[Edited by Stonehenge on 02-14-2001 at 01:56 PM]