1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Raven386, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

I just got my new website up and going. I used yahoo's sitebuilder. What does everyone think? www.10elawncare.com
  2. Raven386

from CT

Any comments?
  3. Mow It All llc

Mow It All llc LawnSite Member

It looks really good.....Im just asking a question ou offer free edging. Dont you do that normally free?? I just thought everyone included that with there lawn service, but it looks really good.
  4. Raven386

from CT

Thanks. i just charge a 1-time fee for edging. but i just wanted to make it sound attractive for someone to sign up. really not to many of my customers ask me to edge. only 1 or 2.
  5. matt spinniken

matt spinniken LawnSite Senior Member

I like it, its basic but does the job well.

How much did it cost you?

Have you gotten a good response from it?
  6. Jake Wolf

Jake Wolf LawnSite Member
    from NYC, NY

It's a common mistake to use high quality pics directly downloaded from your camera. I only clicked on one of them and it was a 1.9mb file. Even on my high speed connection it took several seconds to load (imagine someone using dialup or low wireless signal) . Use an imaging program to reduce the number of pixels. Don't worry about losing quality. You'll still have a great image at 50kb and it will load instantly.

I use http://picasa.google.com/ free and easy never hurt anyone.
  7. WiseGrass

WiseGrass LawnSite Member

SLO-o-o-oW LOADING. I have a 2MB DSL line and your site loaded slowly. Right on Jake Wolf.
    The site tells me lots about YOU and not so much what you can do for ME - the homeowner/property owner. (I'm working on that problem for my own site.)

I really like your company name. Took me a second read to figure out what the heck your 10-E was! very clever - and most importantly memorable. I suggest getting 10e.com (probably taken, since it's short) or 10elc.com, that rhymes. Good luck!
  8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

It looks good but I don't like the "Junk Removel" that name should be changed.
  9. WiseGrass

WiseGrass LawnSite Member

yeah, "brush & debris removal" might sound more friendly
  10. Raven386

from CT

thanks for the input! note taken on the junk removal. its now debris. Thanks everyone. ill try and work on something that says more about what i do. thanks for all the advice and tips!