New Website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by ShoreLawnMaintenance, Apr 6, 2007.

1. ShoreLawnMaintenance

ShoreLawnMaintenance LawnSite Member

I just created a website, check it out and let me know what you think of it.

2. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

You should put the link in your post instead of making people go to your profile to find it.

anyway, far be it from me, who is having trouble making a decent website, but at the very least, you should have your company name and site nav buttons change places with each other.

3. ShoreLawnMaintenance

Yeah I forgot to type it on the original post, my bad. What are you saying about the company name and nav buttons, I don't understand. Please explain. Thanks.

www.shorelawnmaintenance.com

4. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

How about a phone number so if someone finds your site from doing a internet search your number is right there they don't have to look for it, they just call. They could click back to search results as click to find your number.

5. Vikings

from canada

Co. name should be on top and nav buttons underneath or to the sides. (I think)

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Research has indicated ( last time I checked a few years ago) People like the menu bars on the LH side and again on the bottom of the page.

7. ShoreLawnMaintenance

I know I like the nav buttons on the side, but that was how the template was set up. I had no choice.

8. Vikings

from canada

Try clicking on the box of navs and use your <- left arrow key to put a cursor beside the whole box, then hit enter. It might give you space to place a banner above the nav.

Personally I don't care if the nav is to the left or above but it HAS to be below the Banner just like this very page here on lawn site.

9. Greg Huffman

Greg Huffman LawnSite Member

I see where you are going to take online payments. How are you planning on taking them? Have you found a gateway to do it yet?